Emory's Commencement Site
Emory's main commencement site has detailed information about the University ceremony, along with lots of helpful information for participants and visitors.
In 2017, the Laney Graduate School will conduct two ceremonies: one for master's graduates, and one for doctoral graduates. Specific details and guidelines for LGS ceremonies will be posted at right in Spring 2017.
Continue reading for information about:
- Emory University Commencement Ceremony (Monday, May 8, 2017)
- LGS Ceremony for Master's Graduates (Sunday, May 7, 2017)
- LGS Ceremony for PhD Graduates (Monday, May 8, 2017)
- LGS Graduation Reception for All Degree Recipients (Sunday, May 7, 2017)
- Graduation Regalia
Emory University Commencement Ceremony
- Emory's Commencement takes place each year at the end of spring semester. In 2017, Commencement ceremony will take place on May 8 in the Emory Quadrangle from 9:00-10:45am.
- All students, master's or doctoral, who received a degree during the academic year (summer, fall or spring) are eligible to participate.
LGS Ceremony for Master's Graduates
- Sunday, May 7, 2017
- Emory Conference Center Hotel (Silverbell Pavillion)
- At this ceremony, students will receive their diploma covers. Enclosed will be a letter instructing students to pick up their diplomas on Monday, May 8 in the Laney Graduate School.
Students, families and guests are invited to attend the LGS Graduation Reception immediately following the Master's ceremony (details below). Additionally, students and guests are also invited to attend the Emory University Commencement ceremony on May 9.
LGS Ceremony for PhD Graduates
- Monday, May 8, 2017
- Emory Schwartz Center
- At the ceremony for doctoral students, graduates are presented their diplomas and "hooded" (the Dean and the graduate's advisor place the doctoral hood on the graduate).
Students and guests are invited to attend the LGS Graduation Reception, which will take place this year on Sunday, May 7. Details below.
LGS Graduation Reception for All Degree Recipients
All degree recipients - Master's and PhD - are invited to attend this reception along with their families and guests.
- Sunday, May 7, 2017
- Emory Conference Center Hotel (Lullwater Ballroom)
To order caps and gowns, contact the bookstore at 404-727-6221, or attend the Grad Fair:
- February 22 and 23, 2017
- 10:00am - 5:00pm, both days
- Emory Barnes & Noble (Oxford Road).