Yellow Ribbon Program
The Yellow Ribbon Program is a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. This program allows degree granting institutions of higher learning in the U.S. to voluntarily enter into an agreement with the VA to fund tuition expenses that exceed the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition rate. The institution can waive up to 50% of those expenses and the VA will match the same amount as the institution for eligible veterans.
All veterans seeking educational benefits must first apply for those benefits through the Department of Veterans Affairs. Veterans with questions about their eligibility for the various Veterans Affairs (VA) educational benefit programs should first consult the VA to determine their eligibility for specific programs.
Emory and the Yellow Ribbon Program
Emory University and the Laney Graduate School participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program. If you believe you are eligible for Yellow Ribbon benefits, and plan to apply to the Laney Graduate School, then you should first consult the general information about Emory University's participation in the Yellow Ribbon program, found at the Registrar's Veterans Administration page.
A Yellow Ribbon application consists of a completed Veterans Enrollment Data Sheet, which is available on that page.
- Students applying for Yellow Ribbon benefits should turn in the Veterans Enrollment Data Sheet to the Registrar's office and copies of the COE and enrollment data form to the Laney Graduate School.
- Students claiming VA benefits other than YR, should return the form to the Registrar’s office at the address printed at the top of the form.
Laney Yellow Ribbon Procedures
- Applications for the academic year starting in the fall will be opened and logged-in daily beginning June 1 each year.
- Email attachments will be opened, printed and date stamped, and filed in the Yellow Ribbon folder.
- Paper applications will be date stamped and filed in the same folder.
- A daily log will be used to record the order in which applications are “received.”
- Laney Graduate School review of Yellow Ribbon applications will be conducted on a rolling basis on Tuesday afternoons until all slots are filled. The available slots will be filled on a first come, first served basis.