2017-18 INFORMATION WILL BE POSTED SOON. PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES.
Emory University requires that all degree-seeking and all international students either have health insurance or purchase the University-sponsored plan. In order to meet this requirement, you must either choose to enroll in the Emory/Aetna Student Health Insurance Plan or successfully complete the waiver process on-line. If you choose to enroll in the Emory student plan, you will be charged via Student Financial Services.
To view information about the Emory/Aetna Student Health Insurance Plan for 2016-17, click here.
For 2016-17, the annual premium for the Emory/Aetna Student Health Insurance Plan is $3,164. Dates of coverage are as follows:
- Medical students: 7/15/2016 - 7/14/2017
- International students: 8/01/2016 - 7/31/2017
- All other students: 8/15/2016 - 8/14/2017
Learn about the Emory/Aetna Student Health Insurance Plan at the Student Health Services website (link at right). Click on Health Services and follow the link to Insurance and Fees.
If a student has not waived out of the Emory/Aetna Student Health Insurance Plan by June 27, 2016, he/she will be automatically enrolled in the Emory Plan and billed via Student Financial Services. However, the student will still have until the first day of Fall Semester classes (August 24, 2016) to complete the waiver through OPUS and get the insurance enrollment and charge reversed.
- If the waiver is completed before June 27, no charges will be posted on the student's account.
- If the waiver is completed after June 27 but before August 24, the posted charges will be reversed.
- If the waiver is not complete by August 24, the posted charges will remain on the student’s account.
Billing and Health Insurance Subsidies
If a student is eligible for a health insurance subsidy, the Laney Graduate School will post the subsidy to the student’s account via OPUS. The premium charge and subsidy will be divided equally into your Fall and Spring bills ($1,582 each semester).
If a student is not eligible for a health insurance subsidy, OPUS bill payment plans may be arranged with Student Financial Services.
New and returning students who wish to waive out of the Emory/Aetna Health Insurance Plan for 2016-17 must complete the waiver process by August 24, 2016. Click here for information about the insurance waiver process.
If you have questions regarding the health insurance requirement or the online waiver process, please visit the Frequently Asked Questions page.
For questions about the Emory Student Health Insurance Requirement or the online enrollment/waiver process, contact:
- Emory University Student Health Services
- Student Health Insurance Plan Office
- 1525 Clifton Road Atlanta , GA 30322
For questions about insurance benefits or claims processing, contact:
- Aetna Student Health Claims Administrators, Inc.
- P.O. Box 981106 El Paso, TX 79998
- (877) 261-8403
For questions about the health insurance subsidy from Laney Graduate School, contact:
- Janice Kang - Laney Graduate School
- (404) 727-4879